Thursday, November 3, 2022
The European Christian Political Movement (ECPM) is the only European political party which explicitly works on promoting Christian values in politics. Unlike other European parties, the ECPM focuses on the human being in its relationship to God, other people and the creation. We see this relational thinking as the heart of Christian-democracy. We believe we exist to give voice and elevate people so they are seen and heard. We empower them with knowledge, resources and connections so that they can effectively engage their communities and parliaments and have an impact.
More information about ECPM can be found at https://ecpm.info/
ECPM is looking for a new board member to represent the organization. The ECPM board is the core of our organization. Board members represent the party in meetings, media and in legal matters whenever the President is unavailable. Furthermore, the ECPM Board is the supreme body of the organization and makes decisions by majority vote. Board members can only be appointed (or dismissed) by the General Assembly of ECPM.
The day-to-day affairs of ECPM are delegated to the General Director who reports to the board.
The function of board member is part-time and unpaid.
ECPM members and associates are invited to put forward candidates for this vacancy. The deadline for applications is 16 December 2022 at 12.00 pm CET.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
· Be a direct or indirect member of ECPM, or member of an ECPM- related association
· Have a clear Christian-democratic profile
· Have (or had) a relevant political position
· Be able to read and speak English well
· Be able to meet at least 4 times per year in board setting, attend the General Assembly 1/year
· Be an active Christian believer and represent ECPM values in political style and lifestyle
Other preferred characteristics:
· Candidate has been active in ECPM for at least one year, preferably more.
· Candidate is representing a party that has representation at the national and/or European level
· Candidate has time to visit members/associates on behalf of ECPM at least twice per year.
A selection committee will be appointed by the ECPM Board. The committee will review applications and interview candidates and submit its selection to the General Assembly for approval (by voting).
Apart from personal characteristics and the above criteria, the committee will also consider the overall composition of the ECPM board. This means that the selection committee will consider geographical balance, diversity in denominational background, gender balance, and diversity in professional background. Furthermore, the committee aims to have a maximum of one board member per ECPM member or associate. The ECPM board will consist of not more than seven members.
Please send your application before 16 December 2022 at 12.00 pm CET to email@example.com. Complete applications require the following: motivation letter, CV, and official letter of support from the candidate’s party or association. The committee has the right to disregard any incomplete applications.