Last updated: 22 February 2021
What data do we collect?
ECPM collects the following data:
· Personal identification information: name and email address, date of birth, address, and financial details.
· IP data: location and language preferences, duration of your interaction with our website, the type of browser and platforms you are using, the pages you viewed on our website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide ECPM with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
· Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter via the ECPM website or through direct request via email or Facebook/Twitter direct message
· Sign up to become a friend of ECPM via the form provided on our website
· Register for an event organized by ECPM
· Donate to ECPM
· Complete a survey or poll via our website, e-mail or via our message boards
· Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
· Create an account on the MyECPM platform
ECPM may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
· Our Facebook/ Twitter/ LinkedIn accounts or message boards
How will we use your data?
ECPM collects your data so that we can:
· Email you our newsletter, special announcements, vacancies or other essential and relevant information about our activities and campaigns
· Register you to one of our events you asked to attend, and comply with the rules and security requirements of the venue or host, especially when the event takes place in the European Parliament
· Inform you of General Assembly resolutions and decisions, change of statutes, new hires, changes in the board or Advisory Council format
· Inform you about our fundraising efforts and invite you to join them
· Create strategies and tailored content based on data analytics and survey results
How do we store your data?
ECPM securely stores your data on our servers and we do not keep it for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We use Google Analytics to process your data for our quarterly reporting.
We may keep your data for a longer period to comply with financial data retention regulation.
Financial contributions above €500 are required by law (Art.23 of Reg1141/2014) to be disclosed in the ECPM yearly financial statement.
You have the right at any time to stop ECPM from contacting you for informational or marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
ECPM would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
o Right to access - You have the right to request ECPM for copies of your personal data.
o Right to rectification- You have the right to request ECPM to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request ECPM to complete information you believe is incomplete.
o Right to erasure- You have the right to request that ECPM erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
o Right to restrict processing- You have the right to request that ECPM restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
o Right to object to processing- You have the right to object to ECPM processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
o Right to data portability- You have the right to request that ECPM transfers the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to make a request, please do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at +32 022 301 300.
· Keeping you signed in
· Understanding how you use our website
For further information, read our Cookies Policy.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies or visit allaboutcookies.org to learn how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: +31 333 040 011 (Netherlands Office) or +32 022 301 300 (Brussels Office)