The European Christian Political Movement (ECPM) is the only European political party that is explicitly Christian. Unlike other European parties, the ECPM focuses on the human being in its relationship to God, other people and the creation. We see this relational thinking as the heart of Christian-democracy. More information on ECPM can be found at: https://ecpm.info/about-ecpm.html
ECPM is looking for two new board members to represent its organization. The ECPM Board forms the core of the organization. Board members represent the party in meetings, media and in legal matters whenever the President is unavailable. Furthermore, the ECPM Board is the supreme body of the organization and decides by majority vote. Board members can only be appointed (or dismissed) by the General Assembly of ECPM.
The function of board member is part-time and unpaid.
The day-to-day affairs of ECPM are delegated to the General Director who is accountable to the board.
ECPM members and associates are welcomed to put forward candidates for this vacancy. The deadline for applications is July 30, 2021 at 12.00 pm CSET.
ECPM is looking for a board member who meets the following criteria:
The candidate must:
· be an individual member of ECPM; a member of a member party; or a member or staff member of an associate or an individual member (as stated in article 11 of the ECPM statutes);
· be a citizen of a member state of the EU and/or the Council of Europe;
· have a clear Christian-democratic profile;
· have (or had) a relevant political position;
· be able to read and speak English well;
· be able to meet at least 4 times per year;
· be an active Christian believer and represent ECPM values in political style and lifestyle.
Other pros are:
· Candidate has been active in ECPM for at least one year, preferably more;
· Candidate is representing a party that has representation at the national and/or European level;
· Candidate has time to visit members/associates on behalf of ECPM at least twice per year.
· Candidate is able to read and speak in French and/or German.
An interviewing committee has been appointed by the ECPM Board in May 2021. The committee consists of: Karin Heepen (ECPM board member), Branislav Škripek (Advisory Council member) and Walter van Luik (Sallux). The committee is assisted by a secretary: Auke Minnema (ECPM General Director).
Apart from personal characteristics and criteria, the selection committee will also look at the overall composition of the ECPM board. This means that the committee will consider geographical balance, diversity in denominational background, gender balance, and diversity in professional background. Furthermore, the committee aims to have a maximum of one board member per ECPM member or associate. The ECPM board will consist of not more than seven members.
Please send your application before July 30, 2021 at 12.00 pm CSET to email@example.com. Complete applications require the following: motivation letter, CV, and official support document of at least one ECPM member or associate.
The committee has the right to discard any incomplete applications.