The European Christian Political Movement (ECPM) is the only European political party in the European Parliament explicitly promoting Christian values in politics. Our movement gathers like-minded individuals, parties and organizations from all over Europe. More information on ECPM can be found at: https://ecpm.info/our-values.html.
ECPM is looking for a new General Director to take care of the daily management of the organization. The General Director is responsible for carrying out the tasks given by the ECPM Board and is a full-time position.
The main tasks are:
* Acting in line with and watching over the ECPM vision, statutes and the EU rules and regulations on European Political Parties
* Be the ECPM contact person for the European Parliament
* Be the main adviser to the ECPM board
* Initiate and organize General Assemblies and board meetings
* Initiates and presides the Management Team meetings
* Be the contact person for the ECPM Board, staff and members
* Representing ECPM in events, meetings and media
* Take care of the daily (financial) management, including meeting the fundraising goals for every year, decision making on projects and proper budget management
* Manage and delegate the staff at both the Brussels (BE) and Amersfoort (NL) office
* Represent ECPM at (inter)national meetings
* Ensure ECPM’s sustainable growth and development
ECPM looks for candidates who meet the following criteria:
* Be an active Christian representing ECPM values in political style and lifestyle
* Fully support the vision and mission of ECPM
* Have an EU citizenship
* Have (or had) a relevant political position in European or national politics, preferably for more than 5 years
* Have a relevant Master’s degree
* Working experience in a leading position
* Knowledge of EU politics and especially the working of the European Parliament
* Fluent in English; French and another EU language is a plus
* Previous acquaintance for at least 2 years with ECPM is a plus (with ECPM directly or via a member, associate or partner)
* Campaigning skills is a plus
Skills / Attitude
* Be sharp and decisive, have leadership skills and be able to work under pressure
* Well organized and hands- on personality
* A team player
* Aware of political sensitivities in the EU politics and media
* Motivator and caring for the staff
* Available to travel abroad monthly
* Able to be present at both ECPM offices (Amersfoort and Brussels) several days a week.
What you can expect:
* Working at the heart of Christian politics in Europe
* A challenging, creative and diverse job
* Friendly working environment
* Flexible working hours
* Travelling in Europe to members and partners
What we offer:
We offer a gross salary between € 4,500,- and €5.500,- depending on degrees and experience, holiday allowance, 23 holidays a year for a full- time contract (36hrs a week) and fringe benefits. You will get a one-year contract, with the intention to extend it to a permanent contract when functioning well.
The first round of interviews will take place online in the week following the deadline. The second and third round will take place on location the week following the first round.
If you’re interested and want to know more about the job, you can contact Auke Minnema via email@example.com.
Please send your application before Friday, 18th March 2022, 12.00 pm CET to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete applications require the following:
* Motivation letter, addressing ECPM president Valeriu Ghileţchi,
* CV with one or two references, and
* A letter of no more than one page in which the candidate shares his/her vision on ECPM and its future.